> - NIMDA & Co never use proxies, so the danger of blocking all of AOL
>   doesn't exist. (I'm not saying this would be a bad thing though =)

Well, yes and no.  Remember that some organizations have a large number
of users sitting behind proxy servers that client requests are
automatically redirected to using layer-7 switches.  Any boxes running
IIS behind a setup like this that get whacked by 'Nimda & Co' will
appear to the outside world to be coming from one (or a couple) of IP
addresses... those of the proxy server(s).  Thus, blocking anything
coming from this, or these couple, of IP addresses could deny a whole
bunch of users access to your network.  It's something to think about
before _automating_ the denial of resources to 'hostile' hosts... such
as someone who may figure out what you're doing and spoof the root DNS
server's addresses as the source of the 'hostile traffic'. =)
Seriously, if you're going to automate stuff like this, make sure you
have a good whitelist.

Thanks,
Abe

--