On Tuesday 07 May 2002 01:43, Miklos Bagi Jr. wrote:
> Well, I'm in this trap. I'm sure if my company were use plain text as
> emailing
 there wouldn't be any chance to get such infections like html
> mails are carrying inside of them. My question is:

Embeeding HTML in e-mail is not evil by itself. It is the client that makes
troublesome data parsed and executed. ;-) In my company suggestion is
to avoid MS Outlook/OE if possible. So when the virus knocks on the door,
users who use Lotus Notes or MSIE to read e-mail don't spread it out.
But of course we do have some smartasse(t)s who refuse to work with
anything else but Outlook Express.

> So technically it is possible, that's for sure, but is there any
> complete
 solutions/workarounds/scripts already working you know of?

Try this one: it strips HTML, scripts, objects, checks for attachment name
extensions...

http://www.barrett.com.au/Software/sendmail/

Of course, there's a lot more.

--