From: Jason Kohles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 2:43 PM
To: Jim Grossl
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MD5 checksum's for Redhat 7.3 binaries?

Keep in mind that the checksums you received for the individual files
are going to be mostly useless.  For example, if you compare the
checksum of /usr/lib/sendmail, do you have the sendmail provided by the
sendmail package, or the compatibility one provided by postfix?  In
either case, which version of sendmail or postfix provided it?  This is
the reason that the MD5 sums for each file are included in the rpm,
because if you don't have the sums that match the version of the rpm you
have installed, they don't mean anything.

Jason Kohles                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Engineer                 Red Hat Professional Consulting