I too have used Adobe Audition with good results.  IIRC, there's a
filter for noise you can run it through, or you could go through the
wave forms and edit out undesirable peaks by hand.  It's a
surprisingly easy program to get the hang of, especially since I
continue to struggle with other Adobe software such as Photoshop and
Illustrator (I find Adobe's art programs have help files that are
hard to decipher).

I'm excited to hear about a USB turntable.  I probably can't afford
one, but it's a cool idea, imho.

peace, love, and understanding,
kiter

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/mvJolB/TM