Can you provide an end-to-end exemplary situation in Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) software where FONC ideas are relevant?  You sort of jumped
off that stream of thought and onto modeling sine waves graphically, etc.

I work in various roles of ERP/CRM/BI software, and so I understand the
domain very well -- but I also know it is such a huge domain that when one
person says they want to apply an idea to ERP, another person may be totally
clueless as to what that would mean, since they have a very different
conception of ERP.  We typically don't build ERP solutions the way Fortune
500 companies do, because we find we can avoid that complexity.  That is an
important point: There are mathematical differences in how you approach ERP
architecture, and your topology will determine a lot about how you construct
applications and what programmers physically must type out to accomplish
changes, and how you soak test such a system.