I just posted the final piece of the meta-circular Humus evaluator.
"Evaluating Expressions, part 7 – Transactions and Exceptions"
(http://bit.ly/fl6Z3O)

Throughout the series, I've had the opportunity to present a wide
variety of powerful language constructs.  Of course, concurrent
evaluation/execution has been an ongoing theme.  Pattern matching as
part of the resolution of equations is one of my favorites.
Single-assignment data-flow variables played an important role in
automatic resolution of data dependencies.  The lambda-abstraction
mechanism is applied universally to support parameterization of not
only expressions, but statement blocks too.  I hope this series can
serve as an interesting and informative reference.