On Monday 13 Jun 2011 2:03:29 PM Julian Leviston wrote:
> I think the main issue with smalltalk-like "image" systems is that the
> system doesn't as easily let you "start from blank" like text-file
> source-code style coding does... thats to say, yes, it's possible to start
> new worlds, but it's not very easy to reference "bits" of your worlds from
> each other...
The pre-req for this is a tool to diff two images to generate a delta that can
be applied to one to produce another. This is easy to do with line-oriented
text files or non-linear xml files but difficult to do with blobs like images.
Tools like xdelta operate only at bit level and not object level.

Of course, if there was a (normalized) way to transcode .image into .xml and
vice versa then xmldiff can be used for that purpose.

Subbu