At Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:53:02 -0400,
C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> I understand where I went wrong now, but on reflection it still seems
> odd that the parent context isn't explicitly mentioned in the API.
> Instead writing
>    world.parent.commit(world);
> would make clear what two worlds are affected... but that's
> unnecessarily verbose.  So not necessarily an improvement to anything
> other than my originally-confused brain.

  Yes.... we are finding that occasionally, you would want to
"test-commit" to an experimental world.  Say, you started some
exploration in a world and getting satisfy with it.  But before really
commiting this world to the top-level world and make it permanent, you
would like to see if this does not break some application specific
invariants.  To do so, you would want to make a new world that is
almost like the top level world (thus a new child of the top level)
and merge changes into it then perform some integrity checks safely in
the world, Fix up a few things if necessary and then commit to the
top-level world.  A strict tree organization of worlds would not let
us do this.

> OK, my email is too long now, too!

  Then write it in Chinese next time!

-- Yoshiki