Dear FONCers

this year in SPLASH there will be a workshop called

AGERE!

devoted to foster the discussion and research about

        ACTORS and AGENTS

as paradigm for computer programming,
as natural evolution (?) of the OO one,  embracing a

                        decentralized mindset

in thinking about problems and designing, programming systems.

In other words:

        "Programming systems, languages, applications
        based on agents, actors, and decentralized control"

It is meant to synergetically mesh up ideas, discussion and results about
agent and actor systems  that appeared in many contexts
- from (OO) concurrent programming to distributed AI

        but here with a specific objective, which is exploring their value
        (and development) as paradigm for computing, designing, programming,

So it is clearly related to the FONC perspective and "visions", I think.

You can read more here: http://agere2011.apice.unibo.it

We setup also a Google group AGERE! at SPLASH:

https://groups.google.com/group/agere-at-splash?hl=en

open to everyone that would like to discuss and interact about these topics,
and contribute to the event (which will be in October).

It is like to say: "Let's start the workshop now!".

Best,
Alessandro

LA RICERCA C’È E SI VEDE:
5 per mille all'Università di Bologna - C.F.: 80007010376
http://www.unibo.it/Vademecum5permille.htm

Questa informativa è inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo della
realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell’ente.