Thought you would be interested in the open source development we are
presenting next week at SPLASH 2011. (see note below)

======Nicholas Chen writes====

Jamie Douglass, Ralph Johnson and I are working on an experimental language
workbench called Language of Languages (LoLs) that focuses on unifying concepts

(meta-models) across different notations. This affords the user greater
flexibility for editing the model in a variety of different notations while
maintaining consistency. We are building this language workbench on top of
Pharo Smalltalk[1] and we are using the Glamour engine[2] to build some of the
language browsers. We are using Jamie's CAT parser (continuation of the work he
did with Alessandro Warth and Todd Millstein [3]).

If anyone is attending SPLASH[4] this year, we'd like to invite you to one of
our demo sessions. You can find a schedule of our demos at
http://languageoflanguages.org/news. You can find more information about LoLs
from our website at http://www.languageoflanguages.org.

Hope to see you at SPLASH '11!

--

Nick

[1] http://www.pharo-project.org/home

[2] http://www.moosetechnology.org/tools/glamour

[3] Packrat Parsers Can Support Left Recursion
http://www.vpri.org/pdf/tr2007002_packrat.pdf

[4] http://splashcon.org/2011/

-Jamie
James R. Douglass, CSDP & Associate Technical Fellow
Office of ITI Chief Engineer
The Boeing Company
(360) 392-8782
mobile: (425) 293-6254
jamie.dougl...@boeing.com
        "If you don't know where you want to go, any road will do."