On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM, David Barbour <dmbarb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I have no doubts that anti-aliased rasterization can be
> achieved in a functional style - I've read a few simple functional
> ray-tracing engines, for example, and I understand that raycast per pixel
> results in images of a quality on par with many anti-aliasing techniques
> even without super-sampling or sub-pixel sampling. I would only
> express some concerns about their efficiency.

Ah yes, it seems the anti-aliased quality images really depends on the
content of those images (e.g. a bunch of big spheres) and something about
image frequencies that I haven't really studied. But I still expect that
ray tracing is the most likely option for finding anti-aliased
rasterization in a pure functional `style`.

Whatever. Need to get back to useful work.

Regards,

Dave