On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Ryan Mitchley <ryan.mitch...@gmail.com>wrote:

> **
> On 15/03/2012 14:20, Alan Kay wrote:
>
>  Alex Warth did both a standard Prolog and an English based language one
> using OMeta in both Javascript, and in Smalltalk.
>

> I must have a look at these. Thanks for all of the references. I was
> working my way through Warren Abstract Machine implementation details but
> it was truly headache-inducing (for me, anyway).
>
> A book I keep meaning to get is "Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence
> Programming: Case Studies in Common Lisp", which describes a Prolog-like
> implementation (and much more) in Lisp.
>
> The Minsky book would be very welcome!

Another Lisp approach is Dan Friedman, Oleg Kiselyov, and William Byrd's
miniKanren system. It's purely functional and is incredibly only about 200
lines of Scheme. Even more surprising is that the minimal design is
*stunningly* efficient.

The beauty of such a tiny system is that it's simple to improve. They
recently added constraint logic programming over any domain with about
600-700 more lines of code.

David