Hello,

I am a senior computer science undergraduate at BITS - Pilani, Goa
Campus [1], India.

I hope to gain some experience doing research in programming languages and
compiler design. I was wondering, is the VPRI and FONC team open to
accommodating
international interns from mid-May to August this year?

I came across VPRI while looking for places where research on
"domain-specific compilers"
would be appropriate. Generic compilers generate binary executables
from code. These
executables accept arbitrary input and respond with output in any
form. A domain-specific
compiler restricts the form of input and output to be useful only in a
specific domain.

My project, titled "Euler's Hammer" [2], is planned to be one such
compiler tailored to the
graph theoretic algorithms domain. The plan is to generate an
executable visualization from
a graph algorithm (represented in some DSL). The visualization will
allow one to draw arbitrary
graphs on its canvas, and visualize the provided algorithm on that
graph step-by-step.

Currently, the project stands half-complete as "Graphy" [3]. It is
being used in a number of
institutes across India to teach and learn graph theoretic algorithms.

I would really appreciate any information regarding spending this
summer as a research intern
at VPRI, though not necessarily pursuing the project described above.

Thank you for your time,
Emaad Ahmed Manzoor.

Resume: http://www.eyeshalfclosed.com/emaadmanzoor-vpri-resume.pdf

[1]: http://universe.bits-pilani.ac.in/Goa/