Miles wrote:
> There's a pretty good argument to be made that what "works" are powerful
building blocks that can be combined in lots of different ways;

So the next big thing will be some version of minecraft?  Or perhaps the
older toontalk?  Agentcubes?  What is the right 3D metaphor?  Does anyone
have a comfortable metaphor?  It would seem like if there was an open,
federated MMO system that supported object lifecycles, we would have
something.  Do we have an "object web" yet, or are we stuck with text
forever, with all the nasty security vunerabilities involved?  Yes I agree
that we lost something when we moved to the web.  Perhaps we need to step
away from the document model purely for security reasons.

What's the alternative?  Scratch and Alice?  Storing/transmitting ASTs?
Does our reliance on https/ssl/tls which is based on streams limit us? When
are we going to stop making streams secure and start making secure network
objects?  Object-capability security anyone?

Are we stuck with documents because they are the best thing for debugging?