Not really obfuscating.  Just trying to explain that 1 transaction is going
to work faster than 100 transactions.  If you agree with that, I have no
problem.  If not, you might also believe that putc performs as fast as
puts, which is wrong.
On Feb 14, 2013 4:59 PM, "Miles Fidelman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> John Carlson wrote:
>
>>
>> Here's where I believe the issue lies:  1. Adding approximately 100 or
>> more objects to a collection backed by a relational database, in an
>> interactive system.  I believe the time for the transaction(s) took too
>> long.  I am not sure if the REST service supported by the database used a
>> single transaction or even session ids.  I believe the REST supported by
>> the database was generic. As far as I know, the slowness was laid to REST,
>> since eliminating REST sped things up.  Obviously if you design a CRUD
>> interface REST works okay.  The use case ultimately was uploading 100s of
>> rows from spreadsheets...possibly more than one per customer.
>>
>>
>>  Sorry.. but you're just obfuscating the issue.  You're now talking about
> a specific database, with a specific interface - and saying nothing about
> what interface/api/protocol is being used.
>
> --
> In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
> In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> fonc mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://vpri.org/mailman/**listinfo/fonc<http://vpri.org/mailman/listinfo/fonc>
>
_______________________________________________
fonc mailing list
[email protected]
http://vpri.org/mailman/listinfo/fonc

Reply via email to