On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 07:23:50PM +0100, Gath-Gealaich wrote:
> Is this going to require another dose of proprietary binary blobs? With Pi,
> you at least have to prospect of being able to compile your graphics stuff
> from Nile into something that actually uses the graphics hardware the way
> it's supposed to be used. (For the same reason, current AMD APU offerings
> seem much more. At least you have the documentation.)

Err, what did you mean exactly?  Could Nile use hardware graphics on
the rPi? Why (not)?

My current understanding is that to do this, we would have to
interface with the rPi's firmware blob, effectively compiling Nile
into using using openGL.  It looks that it's possible, though not
optimal (not only in terms of speed, but also because it may require
more code). Is that correct?

Loup.