On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:15:10PM -0700, David Barbour wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM, David Barbour <dmbarb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 90% or more of code will be glue-code, but it doesn't all need to be
> hand-written. I am certainly pursuing such techniques in my current
> language development.

Err, I may sound nitpicky, but when I say "code", I usually mean
*source* code.  Automatically generated code counts only if it becomes
the preferred medium for modification.  Most of the time, it isn't:
you'd tweak the generation procedure instead.

So, maybe it's not hopeless.  Maybe we do have ways to reduce the
amount (if not the proportion) of glue code.

Now, reducing the hardware ressources (CPU, memory…) needed to *run*
glue code is another matter.

Loup.