Hello,

I would like to make a simulator of a Lisp Machine. If it is successful,
then I will program a FPGA with Linear Lisp and use Lisp-like interpreter
to execute programs over it. My main motivation is to be able to understand
and change the system as I want. The system should be as simple as possible.
The history of the ideas in computer science is used as a method of the
research. The ideas of different LISP Machine theoretic models were found.
They differentiate in the type of register or type of structure and the
instructions. The Linear Lisp model seems encouraging for the purposes. It
uses finite state machine with pointer register, data structure with unity
reference counts (tree?) and omits the usage of garbage collector. [1] Also
the interpreter for Linear Lisp is already created. So efforts in this
direction will be saved. Maru language is proposed for the implementation
of the simulator, because it is not bounded to its own structure.

After this lengthy introduction I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to make "data structure with unity reference counts" in
Maru? This is crucial for such a simulator.

2. Do you know of example that describes real finite state machine with
pointer register? Most papers in this topic seems to be just theory. [2]

Regards,

Iliya Georgiev