On 18 Jan 2014, at 7:25 pm, Attila Lendvai <attila.lend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 extend the level of my understanding of it
>
> 2 use this process to shape the project to be easier to approach for
>   newcomers. then publish results with the hopes of integrating it
>   into the official repo eventually.

Hi Atila,

I just saw your "due to lack of interest" post about this thread. Don't be
disenheartened. I'm quite interested in your effort. I don't have a heap of
time to invest in this, but I wanted to get back to learning maru again and
doing a similar thing at some stage, too. For me, the last time I tried, it was
just too difficult because I didn't know enough LISP/scheme. Now I know a *lot*
more, but I just need to get some chunks of time to work on learning it better
(possibly).

So, suffice to say I'm very happy there are others working on the pedagogical
aspects of maru. Thank you! Please don't think your efforts are in vain.

From,
Julian