Cyrillic repertoire is indeed important.
A lot of cyrillic glyphs look exactly the same as some Latin one -
for example A, E, C (but it is s in cyrillic), B (ve) etc.
Actually cyrillic is the repertoire most easily implemented if one has
the Latin counterparts (if you compare
for example Greek, Hebrew, Georgian etc.)
al_shopov

As Juliusz had a