Thx for giving part of your time !!

I've checked the use of Xft lib, but I didn't manage to find what i'm looking for...
I've tested with this piece of code :

XftFont      *test;
XftFontStruct *Structx;

test = XftFontOpenXlfd (GDK_DISPLAY(), 0, xlfd_string);
Structx =  (XftFontStruct *) test;

But even after analysing the two structs, I didn't found a file-like memory
representation of the font I had loaded... What do I need is the font file itself in
order to load it with freetype2, not a pre-processed struct representating the font.
That would be something like :
FILE font_file_descritptor;

font_file_descritptor= XftFontFileOpenXlfd (xlfd_string);

Where do I must look in order to find that sort of functions ?

I've the week since you answer digging X code without finding any clue...

Paul Cheyrou-Lagreze.