Hello,
        This appears to be a Ximian GNOME issue. (http://bugzilla.ximian.com). 

        Perhaps the bug http://bugzilla.ximian.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6672 is
related to your system. In this bug, the installation of Ximian makes
changes to the catalog file for xfs, thus not allowing xfs to start
properly.
Check the file /etc/X11/fs/config for any incosistency at the "catalog"
variable and report to the list.

simos


&Tgr;&eegr;&ngr; &Pgr;&egr;&mgr;, 28-02-2002 &sgr;&tgr;&igr;&sfgr; 21:01, &ogr;/&eegr; Ciprian A. &eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;:
> Hi all,
> 
> I just installed Ximian on a Linux machine which already had KDE & Gnome.
> 
> I installed it using the directions from Ximian website.
> 
> For some reason, now the xfs server doesn't start right anymore.
> If I execut /etc/init.d/xfs start    I get an [OK] message. But when I 
> execute /etc/init.d/xfs status I get a message saying: XFS dead but pid 
> file exists.
> 
> Any idea what happened and how I can fix this?? (Due to this error some 
> programs do not start - "can not find the required fonts").
> 
> 
> Thank you in advance,
> --Cip--
> 
> 
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Fonts mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/fonts
> 

_______________________________________________
Fonts mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/fonts

Reply via email to