One thing I think I should clarify is that the Adobe-Japan1 and
Adobe-Japan2 character collections are *not* Unicode, nor are they a
superset of Unicode.  They do include a large number of characters
that are not in Unicode, but they *don't* include a number of
characters that are in Unicode.  They are supposed to cover the
entirety of the JIS X 02xx standards, as well as including a large
number (in eg Adobe-Japan1-4) of other characters used in publishing,
as well as vertical variants of almost everything (and vertical
variants of nonexistent horizontal forms!).  So there is never going
to be a complete mapping from Unicode to Adobe-Japan1, or vice versa.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W