Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify a point for me.

I am failing to display an X font with xfd on a Solaris 9 system. The font in question
is
a hebrew true type font which contains newly added presenational form and
combinational
form glyphs.

In order to add these glyphs to an ISO 8859-8 font, we required more than 0-255 places,
so we created a new encoding (sun.unicode.hebrew-0) accessible in a UTF-8 enabled
locale.

My problem is that the font name argument which I pass to xfd is not recognised as a
font name.
xlsfonts displays the XLFD in it's output. I am working off the direction that the
encoding
sun.unicode.hebrew-0 does not need to be enabled in the XLC_LOCALE database.

My questions :-

Does xfd have to be Xlib aware of the new encoding referenced by the charset-registry
charset-encoding fields of the XLFD,
and as defined in XLC_LOCALE ?

i.e. Should there be an entry in XLC_LOCALE for sun.unicode.hebrew-0 in order to get
xfd to accept the XLFD as a valid fontname.

Any help on the face of this problem would be greatly appreciated.
I can send any further details/files.

cheers,
Simon.

These opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.