Hello !

        I have read some web and article on sub-pixel rendering, I am using a LCD
monitor (I'm a notebook user), and want to try this excellent function.

        As I am just compile all the thing and install it by myself, I think the
default situation is sub-rendering is not enabled.

        I've add the lines into ~/.fonts.conf, and restart X, but how can I test it ??

        Does any modification to fonts.conf will affect the fontconfig behavior
immediately??

        Or, there is some means / program to make the modification take effects??

        Last question, the value for rgba, is [rgb | bgr | vrgb | vbgr], does all this
is for sub-pixel rendering ? I know that, rgb or bgr is the seq for the Red, Green,
and Blue position, but how about the 'v' stand for??

Thx!
Zenith