Hi,

        I've been trying to use pcf/bdf fonts with Xft. I was testing with a pcf font
included with X.

        From my ~/.xftcache the font looks like this:

"/home/pigeon/xft/6x13.pcf" 0 1037180276
"Fixed:style=Regular:slant=0:weight=100:pixelsize=13:encoding=iso10646-1,iso8859-1,glyphs-fontspecific:core=False:index=0:outline=False:scalable=False"

        I've been using both XftFontOpen and XftFontOpenName to open the font and it
did open it and returning me something. I tried to print out some of the information
from the XftFont.

xftfont = XftFontOpen(display, DefaultScreen(display),
                XFT_FAMILY, XftTypeString, "Fixed",
                XFT_STYLE, XftTypeString, "Regular",
                XFT_SLANT, XftTypeInteger, 0,
                XFT_WEIGHT, XftTypeInteger, 100,
                XFT_PIXEL_SIZE, XftTypeDouble, 13.0,
                XFT_CORE, XftTypeBool, 0,
                XFT_INDEX, XftTypeInteger, 0,
                XFT_OUTLINE, XftTypeBool, 0,
                XFT_SCALE, XftTypeBool, 0,
                0);

        or

xftfont = XftFontOpenName(display, DefaultScreen(display), "Fixed-8");

        the output was:

xftfont->ascent 11
xftfont->descent 2
xftfont->height 13
xftfont->max_advance_width 6

        which looks ok to me.

        However, XftDrawString8 and XftDrawStringUtf8 are not drawing anything. But
after changing my code to open a ttf font, with the very same drawing code, it worked
properly. (So I guess my drawing code is correct?)

        Any idea or direction?

        Thanks a lot.

Pigeon.