On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Jungshik Shin wrote:

> While trying to make Mozilla-Xft support non-BMP characters with fonts
> like CODE2001.TTF (with pid=3/eid=10 Cmap), I found that freetype
> and Xft need a little change. Details are sent to linux-utf8 list
> (http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/2002-12/msg00000.html) and Bugzilla

>  Extending XftTextExtents16() to support UTF-16 is similar to

  Attached is my patch(a bit revised) to extend XftTextExtents16 to
support UTF-16 and to fix a typo in fstr.c of fontconfig(which makes the
conversion from UTF-16 to UCS-4 not work correctly for characters in
even numbered planes with the 17th bit in UTF-32 unset.)

  Keith, would you take a look?

  I also sent it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and got a patch seq. #5522.

  Jungshik