Might I also alert the list to this patch at:

http://www.kde.gr.jp/~akito/patch/fcpackage/2_1/

which also seems to fix the fixed width fonts problem (though the author in his readme only mentions japanese fonts)

It also implements a "fake bold" for embedded bitmaps, use of non-us font names (by setting and environment variable), some special handling
for fonts from the DynaFont foundry (in common use in Japan) and some
more flexible conversions between JIS0208 and UNICODE (which is still ambiguous).

I'm not sure that all the parts of the patch are fit for inclusion in the main tree, but some of it might be useful. It seems to run pretty well on my machine anyhow.

Ken

Hello,

I was assigned with the task of dealing with "s p a c e d - o u t " CJK
"fixedPitch" font issue in konsole.  There are quite a few modern CJK
TrueType fonts with the "fixedPitch" flag set to "true" to mean that: