This patch is somehow broken. Fonts prefixed with 'fp=n' are not found afterwards.

It's strange... I've applied the patch to 4.3.99.903, and it works fine.

xlsfonts lists the font in question.

Emacs bluntly says "No fonts match ..." and aborts.

xfd seems to use it, but displays "unknown font" in the first line. And contrary to what I said before you can see the overall problem with xfd too if you increase the font size.

Do you use 4.3.99.903? Would you check FontPath?(via xfs?)

Current cvs, FontPath definetly correct and xfs not used.

I'm still wondering if you are able to reproduce what I'm talking about. Please try

xedit
 -fn "-monotype-courier new-medium-r-normal--12-0-100-100-m-0-iso8859-1"

Two small images of what it looks like for me are here:

http://cox.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~lampe/xedit-xtt.png
http://cox.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~lampe/xedit-freetype.png

-Michael