After a few days of using FOP and thumbing through the PDF spec, I've made
the following observations.  It seems that PDFs should be able to be
generated in constant memory, but FOP currently does not work this way.  Are
both of these statements correct?  I determined the second observation by
writing a very simple program that uses FileInputStreams for both input and
output, and just watched the memory usage of the process while it generated
a 90 page PDF.

So my question is, does FOP currently support, or will it ever support,
generation of reports in constant memory (relative to the size of the
input?)

Thanks,

Chris Rorvick