At 04:34 PM 7/18/01 -0400, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
>All --
>
>On 11 Jul 2001 11:12:50 -0400, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
>> Its been some time since I've been able to build fop from CVS. I just
>> completed a fresh checkout of xml-fop and when I run ./build.sh, the
>> thing just hangs after printing "Starting Ant...".
>>
>> Has anyone else run into this? Is it solved? I'd like to get back to
>> using FOP for some of my projects, and I'd prefer to track the
>> development rather than go back to an older release.
>
>My apologies if someone dealt with this and I didn't see it. I still
>cannot build fop out of CVS. I just did a CVS update, too.
>
>I can't figure out why Ant would hang, and I thought fop was self-
>contained, so whatever I'm running should be whatever you all are
>running, but I assume you are all able to build fop.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what I could look at to try to resolve
>the problem? I'd really like to get back to producing PDF files...

Hi, Gregor

Well, let's try and troubleshoot this through. I recall having had identical
hangs last year; I wish I could remember why. :-)

Could it be a line-ending issue? This has bitten us a few times, depending
on what machine a committer was on when they committed UNIX shell scripts,
and if they weren't careful. I did it a time or two myself, committing the
shell scripts with DOS line endings.

Failing that, what happens when you set the environment variables by hand,
and then execute the final command by itself, not through the script...still
no joy?

Can you run your current Ant on other build files?

What version of Ant are you using? Try Ant 1.3 if all else fails.

Just some starter ideas. I'm sure we'll get to the solution sooner or later.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)