Romain,
I think that the following properties of fo:block should help prevent a
block splitting at a page boundary, but I cannot seem to get them to do
what they should (with FOP 0.18)
   keep-together="always"
   keep-with-next="always"
   keep-with-previous="always"

(You should not need to use them all.)  If anyone on fop-dev has successful
experience of using these, perhaps they can advise.

You can refine the properties with component qualifiers; for example:
   keep-together.within-page="always"

For more information, see the examples directory of the FOP installation.

You can also force a page break before a block that spills over a page
(effectively preventing the spillage) with:
   break-before="page"

Good luck!
Ian
P.S. I'm "unplugged" until 26th Sept, so I can't respond from now until
then.

Ian Larner
User Technologies, IBM Hursley Lab, England
Internal: 246440    External: +44 1962 816440    Fax: +44 9162 816151
Mailpoint 095         email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The credit belongs to the man ...in the arena,  (who) knowing there is no
effort without ...shortcomings, actually strives to do the deeds..."
Theodore Roosevelt

                    Romain Bourgue

                    <Romain.Bourgue@SecurityKe       To:     Ian Larner/UK/IBM@IBMGB

                    epers.com>                       cc:

                                                     Subject:     Re: Page
sequence/Layer/region... argll..
                    08/16/2001 04:46 PM

                    Please respond to Romain

                    Bourgue

Sorry for replying that late... I just come back from the HAL...

Thank you for your precious advice...

Thanks to your code I managed to find a walk throught for my paging issues.
Anyway, one issue remains :
Is it possible to avoid a page break into a block ?

I checked out the Web for a solution but it seems that many asked but few
answered...

Thanks for your help.

Romain