On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Ralph Bruno wrote:

> Thanks for these suggestions,. I think I've narrowed down the problem to
> font-embedding.

[SNIP]

> Has anyone else successfully converted a FOP pdf to rtf containing embedded
> fonts? Could the problem be in the metrics creation? Or is it possible to
> use the fonts without embedding them?

It's possible to use fonts without embedding them, but unfortunately it
wouldn't help you.

When using multibyte fonts, the glyphs in the document are indexes to the
glyph index in the fontfile. It's possible to use unicode instead of
glyphindexes, but that would require a ToUnicode cmap in the
pdf fontdescriptor. This has been on my todo list for quite some time now,
guess I have to do it... It's not just creating rtf files that won't work,
cut'n'paste from acrobat reader to e.g. word won't work either. More
important: searching your pdf document won't work until ToUnicode cmaps
are implemented.

Tore