Karen,

Was number-rows-spanned support in 0.19.0?  I have an .fo file that turns into a
.pdf file under 0.19.0 but complains of

    WARNING: Number of cell columns under table-row not equal to number of
table-columns

for the two rows corresponding to the spanned rows.  Under 0.20.1, fop goes into
an infinite loop on this file.

-dd