From: Shkuro, Yuri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 5:30 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [vote] Merging JFor with FOP

With proper care it is always possible to restructure
the distribution so that unnecessary classes are not
included.  There are Ascii, PCL and PDF renderers in FOP
- each can be in a separate jar file with no compile-time
dependencies from the main jar, so if you don't use some
format, drop the jar and be happy.  Same applies to other
included jars, like batik and logkit - they are not
necessarily needed for everybody.

Unfortunately, I don't have free time to volunteer to do
this sort of decoupling of FOP subsystems, nor do I have
a pressing need for it.

My unofficial vote for merging JFor with FOP is:  +1

YS