"Egmont Ritter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I must create a PDF-file with FOP. My XML-File is on another webserver.
> Can FOP handle this?
Basically yes, if invoked from java code. The command line FOP application
requires files.

> I tried it with a servlet running on the Tomcat-server but
> I became
    ^^^ use "got". You don't ever want to become an error :-)
    (see http://dict.leo.org/?search=became)
> an error like "file not found". [...] The error was:

> SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0;
> File "file:/d:/okprg/okweb/jakarta-tomcat/http:/pc-11-rittere:789/xml/fee.xml" not
>found.

You either invoked FOP from the command line or you tried something
like
  new StreamSource(new File("http:/pc-11-rittere:789/xml/fee.xml"))
in your Java code. Use
  new StreamSource("http://pc-11-rittere:789/xml/fee.xml";)
instead, without creating a file. This is not a FOP but a Java
question.

HTH
J.Pietschmann