From: Shkuro, Yuri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 2:09 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: New FOP Code Don't Work

> I could not get "driver.setLogger(logger);" to compile.
> The versions I have of FOP (0.19 and 0.20.1) do not have a
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Wow!  You neglected to mention that, didn't you? ;-)  I guess
I had to be more specific about which version of FOP I use when
I posted the code.

  0.20.1 never worked for me at all, I had to build from CVS
until 0.20.2RC came out.  With 0.19 the method works, but
FOP doesn't really produce the PDF on the fly, instead it
builds the whole FO tree in memory, and after the parsing is
done you have to call

        driver.format();
        driver.render();

In other words, you don't buy much by using SAX events with 0.19.
0.20.2RC has a major improvement for more streamlined processing.

Yuri.