Hi Bertrand,

For the short term I think that (1) would be the thing to do but since
there won't be a release of FOP for a while there may be no point doing
anything for the short term.

As for how it will eventually end up working with the rest of fop.
Can you give us a quick rundown of what is involved in creating an rtf
document from xsl fo. What sort of information is passed from the fo to
the rtf. How layout is considered etc.

The way that FOP normally converts from fo to the output is by a few
steps. First the fo is turned into the formatting object tree. This is
then turned into an area tree. This area tree represents the final layout
with data that any renderer can handle. The renderer then uses this area
tree to create the pages.
This means that the renderer knows nothing about the original document and
does not have a concept of lists, tables etc.
I should also point out that the MIF renderer used references to the
formatting object tree to determine things ike tables to create tables in
the output. This sort of thing is being revisited as it causes problems.

Regards,
Keiron.