Hi foppers

I did something I think is useful for some of us: It's basically a
couple of new classes to report the results of a FO transformation.
FormattingResults reports the total number of pages that have been
generated and has a list of PageSequenceResult objects that return the
number of pages generated within a particular page-sequence.
PageSequenceResult also returns the page-sequence's "id" attribute, so a
calling application can establish a context between the page-sequence
and a logical document. This is especially handy if you're rendering
multiple documents within one XML-file that are separated into multiple
page-sequences.

Attached is a ZIP-File with a diff and the two new classes. The diff is
against the tag 'fop-0_20_2-maintain'. I think this should be brought
over to the main branch at some time. The two new classes go into the
package org.apache.fop.apps.

As a little side-effect the patch includes a little modification to the
render() methods in Driver.java which removes some duplicate code.

Tell me what you think! If someone thinks there is a better way of doing
this, I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch