I'm working on a servlet that lets the user edit some fields and then
generates a custom PDF on the fly to allow the user to preview their
changes. All is fine and well but when I call
response.setContentType( "application/pdf" ), IE gives me a message box
saying "this page has both secure and nonsecure items" or some crap like
that. Pressing "No" to "View Nonsecure items?" still brings up my PDF. I got
rid of the part that actually creates the PDF and stopped processing at the
setContentType call. When the call was turned off the message box went away
and when I turned it back on it came back, so I'm 99% sure it's that call
that's doing it. Does anyone know why setting your contentType to
"application/pdf" on a webpage being delivered via SSL would make IE
complain about nonsecure items on the page? Even when there's nothing on the
page and all I've done is set my contentType?

Matt