Patrick Andries wrote:
>    De: Martin Stricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >You are using the wrong OS and fonts. :-( On Win2k the Euro sign is
> >mapped to character code 128 (0x80).
> This is the number in win1252 (later versions).
> But aren't the fonts accessed through their Unicode value (in the
> cmap)? And there, it is 0x20AC...even on Win2k (I just checked Arial
> in Fontlab).

I did a simple test: create a text file with just one Euro sign in
Win2k, then booted into Red Hat Linux 7.2 (dual boot box) and checked
what the text file actually contained. It was one single character #128.
I found out about 8859-15 whike trying to get the euro symbol in Linux.

> How are the characters accessed by FOP, through the cmap?

Sorrry, I don't know.

> BTW the euro, is not the only difference between ISO-LATIN-1 and
> LATIN-9 (8859-15) : see my page (auf Französisch, aber ist das ein
> Problem?)

Yes, sadly I'm not a language genius, it took me a long learing curve to
grok English...

> > Sorry, I don't know how to actually solve your problem. Try using an
> > ISO 8559-15 font and use character code 164 instead of 128 and see
> I don't use character 164, I (or better said fonts.fo) use the numeric
> character reference &#x20AC;.

Hmmm... maybe if you use a real Unicode font with the Euro character in
the right place... Sadly I don't know much about fonts, but I'm trying
to learn... pointers to more information in English or German are
appreciated!

Best egards,
Martin Stricker