Mauro,

I think this strang IE behaviour is fixed from IE 5.5. Anyway, some people
said it would be a good idea to add info for IE to help it solving the
content-type.

try adding &name=dummy.pdf at the end of your query string in your firt url
you mentioned. I have never verified if this works but people (in this
list) have said so...

I hope this helps

Cyril