Hi,

  You don't have to use Visual Basic, you can stay with same language.

  You can integrate Xalan & Xerces in Java application (exmpl: made by JBuilder),
  and open dialogs for each type of file, or create file and then
  process, or something else if you like.

  You have example on http://xml.apache.org/xalan or http://xml.apache.org/xerces .

--

Best regards,