        From:   Satish_Gunda [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Tuesday, February 19, 2002 9:57 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        RE: Embedding fonts - works from command line FOP
but not in Coco on 2

        I managed to generate the PDF finally (without embedding the font).
The font
        we referred to is OCR-B-1. But Acrobat Reader displays illegible
characters.
        The font type listed under the "Fonts" information shows it as True
Type
        (CID). I reckon CID fonts are not supported by FOP at this point of
time (as
        stated by Satoshi Ishigami in a separate post).

        I managed to get the Font embedding to work in Cocoon after adding a
line in
        org/apache/fop/configuration/ConfigurationParser (endElement
method). Not
        sure whether this is a bug or not. But after adding this line, font
        embedding works in Cocoon.

        Maybe I'll post this in Cocoon list too.

        Thanks
        Satish

        -----------

        public void endElement(String s, String s1, String s2)
            {
                if(s1.equals("entry"))
                {
                    switch(datatype)
                    {
                    case 0: // '\0'
                        store(role, key, value);
                        break;

                    case 1: // '\001'
                        store(role, key, list);
                        break;

                    case 2: // '\002'
                        store(role, key, map);
                        break;
                    }
                    status = 0;
                    role = "standard";
                    if(keyStack.size() > 0)
                        keyStack.removeElementAt(keyStack.size() - 1);
                    if(keyStack.size() > 0)
                        key = (String)keyStack.elementAt(keyStack.size() -
1);
                    else
                        key = "";
                    value = "";
                } else
                if(s1.equals("subentry"))
                {
                    map.put(subkey, value);
                    status -= 16;
                    if(keyStack.size() > 0)
                        keyStack.removeElementAt(keyStack.size() - 1);
                    if(keyStack.size() > 0)
                        key = (String)keyStack.elementAt(keyStack.size() -
1);
                    else
                        key = "";
                    value = "";
                } else
                if(s1.equals("key"))
                {
                    status -= 2;
                    keyStack.addElement(key);
                } else
                if(s1.equals("list"))
                {
                    status -= 8;
                    value = "";
                } else
                if(s1.equals("value"))
                    status -= 4;
                else
                if(s1.equals("fonts") && fontList.size()!= 0)  // Line Added

                    store("standard", "fonts", fontList);
                else
                if(s1.equals("font"))
                {
                    fontInfo = new FontInfo(fontName, metricsFile, kerning,
        fontTriplets, embedFile);
                    fontList.addElement(fontInfo);
                    fontTriplets = null;
                    metricsFile = null;