Hi All,

   I am building the table-of-contents for a pdf
document using fop-0.20.3, XSL, and XML. Each row of
the TOC has to be in the following format:
^[----------- column 1 ----------------][-- col 2 --]$
^[title]:[subtitle].............[author][page number]$

^ - start of line
$ - end of line

I am using the code below to auto-layout the dotted
leader:

<fo:table-column column-width="{concat($text-width -
1.25, 'in')}"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="0.25in"/>
<fo:table-row>
   <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="start">
         <xsl:value-of select="$title"/>
         :<xsl:value-of select="$subtitle"/>
         <fo:leader
            leader-pattern="dots"
            leader-pattern-width="5pt"
            leader-alignment="reference-area"
            leader-length="100%"/>
         <xsl:value-of select="$author"/>
      </fo:block>
   </fo:table-cell>
   <fo:table-cell>
      <fo:block text-align="start">
         <fo:page-number-citation ref-id="{@id}"/>
      </fo:block>
   </fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

The problem is that the fo:leader does not take into
account the size of the $author text and therefore
produces a longer than expected leader. If the $author
text is removed, then fo:leader works properly.

I am not sure if this is a bug in fop or if I am using
fo:leader incorrectly.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Ed