Shawn Bedard wrote:
>       property - "linefeed-treatment" is not implemented yet.
>
> It seems to me that there has to be a way to get around this.  Surely,
> someone out there has CRs in their data that they want to render?

You can try enclose CR delimited blocks at the XSLT level.
The usual approach is to write a recursive template

   <xsl:template name="make-block">
     <xsl:param name="text">
     <fo:block><xsl:value-of select="
       substring-before($text,'&#xA')"/>
     </fo:block>
     <xsl:call-template name="make-block">
       <xsl:with-param select="
         substring-after($text,'&#xA')"/>
     </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:template>

Use this like
   <xsl:template match="description">
    <fo:block>
      <xsl:call-template name="make-block">
       <xsl:with-param select=".">
     </xsl:call-template>
   </xsl:template>

Put font, spacing and other properties on the enclosing
block. If you have mixed content, this is more of a
challenging problem, as the approach above wont work.

Look at the XSL FAQ and into the XSL mailing list archive
for more tricks:
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

HTH
J.Pietschmann