i'm working on a JSP page which converts .fo files to pdf.
The problem is, if there are any graphics(SVG) then it asks to connect to a
display (X Font Server),
as Batik uses some java.awt classes. it works fine without any SVG in the fo
file.
I'm trying to figure that out.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!
prash

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Looks like I'm too lazy sometimes. :-) Thanks, Jörg, for posting the
> link. And Holger, implementing such a protocol handler was actually what
> I wanted to propose. It's easy to do and very flexible. Sometimes I
> don't express myself too well. I'm working on it.

> > > fastest
> > >

> > Hello
> >
> > > Depending on the JVM, introducing a custom protocol and
> > > an associated URL handler.
> >
> > Sounds very good, that could be a solution as far as i can see.
> >
> > >There is a tutorial, usually
> > > Jeremias posts the URL:
> > >  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/protocolhandlers/
> > > No change to any source, just write two or three simple
> > > classes and add a few properties.
> > >

> > Thx for the link, ill read it tomorrow when i am at work again.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeremias Märki
>
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> OUTLINE AG
> Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - CH-6002 Luzern
> Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
> Internet http://www.outline.ch

Prash K Mavinkurve
Applications Engineer (Applications Research)
Oracle India Pvt. Ltd, Oracle Technology Park
No. 3, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.
Tel: 5528335 Ext: 6307
Cell: 98450 69470

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do
not dare that they are difficult."

begin:vcard
n:mavinkurve;prashant
tel;cell:98450 69470
tel;home:3360801
tel;work:5528335
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Oracle Corporation;Applications Research
adr:;;;Bangalore;Karnataka;;India
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Applications Engineer