Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Implementing a full bitmap renderer without the use of AWT would be a
> major pile of work, I think. But you can always try to use GhostScript
> to convert a PDF/PS to TIFF which should have about the same qualities
> as the PDF. Which method are you using right now?
You mean GhostScript + ImageMagick probably, I have tried that conversion
using JMagick (java clone of ImageMagick) and it worked for me, but I was not
satisfied with a performance, producing pdf and converting it to tiff using 2
native libraries looks worse to me than producing tiff at once. But having
quality as high priority that way is probably more suitable.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel