Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> [...]

The automation of release labelling is not the main issue, just the
easiest to fix.  If release labelling were all there was to it, it would
be neither here nor there.  The main game is binary accounting; the
assurance that a release is what it says it is, down to the very last
file.  That's a big ask, where you have image files, e.g.   It is not a
big issue for text-based files though.

What approach is taken in the places you mention to the identification
of binary components?