On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 16:03, patrick andries wrote:
> I think it was about a month ago, a status section was added to the FOP main page. A
>good idea.
>
> Four questions :
>
> 1) Could it be possible to add a date to this status : "[last updated
>xx-March-2002]" ?

Yes

> 2) Could it be possible to move this section higher ? It is difficult to spot.

Would a page of its own be good enough?

> 3) What does the following paragraph mean ?
>
> « Development for 1.0DR1 is addressing the design issues for layout and performance.
>This is focusing on making it possible to be conformant to the spec and be able to
>handle large documents. This is roughly 30% towards a developers release that should
>have: similar functionality to previous FOP releases, a rough API and a suitable
>design for developers to work on more functionality.  »

It means we don't know but we are working on it.

> What  is « roughly 30% towards » ? The work already done or the 1.0DR 1 ? Could this
>sentence please be rewritten ?

It is a rough estimate that gives a bit of information without really
saying much.
Do you want less information so you aren't tempted to make predictions
or do you want more information that will end up being wrong?

> 4) What has changed in the last month ? (I.e. could we get at least a monthly update
>if we must live with «The timing of these events depends on progress made so it is
>not possible to predict any dates » ?)

Are you volunteering to help out with this?

Do you think this would be that useful at the moment?